Quoting “N. N.” from the Dropbox Forums.
You also have this script, which’ll do that for you.
Note, that I haven’t had a chance to test it yet, so I strongly recommend backing up your Dropbox before using it. You’ll also need to have PHP5-CLI installed, as I have been unable to find a PHP-compiler that supports all of the functions needed.
Update 2010/12/29: V 1.2 released
- Changed to make sure it tries to kill both “dropboxd” and “dropbox“.
- Added exception to copied function.
- Updated the version number in the PHPdoc comments.
Update 2010/12/28: V 1.1 released
- Added support to move hidden (.) files on *nix based operating systems.
Update 2010/12/27: V 1.0 released
- Just upgraded the script to support the 0.8.x and 1.0.x client as well. Script is still available from the above address.