Author: Michal Bakowski (dr_bonzo)
- Requires Ruby (available in Leopard, OS X 10.5)
- Snow Leopard users warning: requires Rosetta
- Does not work with OS X 10.7 Lion, as PowerPC apps are no longer supported.
- Drag ‘Dropbox-droplet.app’ to /Applications.
- Edit ‘Dropbox-droplet.app/Contents/Resources/script’ file (use Show Package Contents).
- Change value of DROPBOX_USER_ID = ‘2865880’ to your ID.
Drag one file, or more (directories are NOT supported) to droplet icon on dock. Files will be put into your Dropbox public folder, auto-synched and URL to these files will be put in clipboard. When you drop file with same name as already existing file in your dropbox, filename will be appended with unix timestamp, to make the name unique: Picture 207.png –> Picture 207-1228368135.png
- Download DropboxDroplet