Dropbox + Voice Memos = DropVox. It’s that simple.
DropVox records audio and sends it directly to your Dropbox account in quality M4A format.
Use DropVox to capture your spoken ideas, reminders, and more. Later, you can listen to your recordings on your desktop computer using QuickTime or iTunes, or on your iOS device using Dropbox’s own app.
- Quickly record audio and send it directly to your Dropbox account, saving you time and effort.
- Compressed M4A audio files sound great while saving you storage space and bandwidth.
- Background uploading so you can continue working with other applications*.
- Full Accessibility with VoiceOver.
- Option: Start recording immediately when DropVox launches. This makes voice recording a single click operation!
- Option: Continue recording while DropVox is in the background or your device is locked*.
* Background recording and uploading only supported on multitasking devices.
Note about uploading:
If an internet connection is not available at the time of recording DropVox will store the files and upload them when internet is restored.
DropVox makes every attempt to ensure your recordings are safely delivered to Dropbox, but given the number of things outside our control, it is possible for recordings to get lost. We recommend using DropVox for short, non-essential recordings. Under the right conditions DropVox can record for many hours.
DropVox supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch 2nd gen or later (with a microphone attached).
- Official Site: http://www.irradiatedsoftware.com/dropvox/