We're working on a brand new Dropbox Wiki with better features and ease of access! Find out more.
From Dropbox Wiki
How to remotely print Microsoft Office documents in Windows XP/2000 using Dropbox
This method gives you a possibility to print *.doc and *.xls files using Dropbox remotely. When the file appears in the specified directory, it automatically prints. After printing, the script deletes files. The printer, you want to use for remote printing, should be set as main.
- Download the VBS:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/855293/print.vbs?dl=1
- Create a folder in Dropbox, which you will use for automatic remote printing;
- Remember the full path to that folder, for example, "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Dropbox\!print" ;
- Open print.vbs script with any text-editor;
- Edit the first line: strDir = " *INSERT YOUR PATH* " ;
- You should paste your print folder path here (the one you made in step 2), so that it looks like something along the lines of strDir = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Dropbox\!print"
- Save the file. Copy the script to convenient directory;
- Remember the full path to the script, for example,"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Dropbox\system\print.vbs"
- Download the batch file: http://bit.ly/5TTYhO
- Edit it, and paste full path to the print script. You should get something like this: wscript "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Dropbox\system\print.vbs"
- Save it, and copy print.bat to autorun folder ("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" or similar);